Stay an IU student, but take classes somewhere else

Did you know you can take classes at another college or university and apply to transfer those credits back to IU? Take these steps.

Many schools require a transient letter before you can enroll. To request a letter, complete an enrollment certification request. Mail your request to the address on the form.

See if the courses you want to take will transfer to IU Bloomington.

Use IU’s Credit Transfer Service

After you’ve completed a course outside of IU, you’ll need to have your official transcript from the other university sent directly to the IU Bloomington Office of Admissions.

Learn how your credits transfer