Pay your bill with a credit or debit card
You can pay your bill online with a credit or debit card, but be aware that you’ll be charged a nonrefundable service fee each time. To avoid paying a service charge, pay online by electronic check instead.
The service fee for online credit or debit card payment is collected by the online payment service, not by IU, so it won’t be posted to your student account. IU does not receive any part of the service fee and cannot waive it. You are responsible for paying the entire service fee.
Still want to pay with your credit or debit card? Here’s what you need to know:
- You can pay with your credit or debit card online only. We don’t accept credit or debit cards in person.
- If you pay by MasterCard, Discover, or American Express, one transaction will appear on your credit card statement for the total paid (student account payment plus service fee).
- If you pay by VISA, two transactions will appear on your credit card statement (one for your student account payment and one for the service fee).
- For tax purposes, keep your payment receipts. Don’t rely on your credit card statements since they include the service charge.
- We’ll refund an overpayment made by credit card to the credit card account. We will not refund any portion of the service fee.