Question? Ask Student Central:


Part-time jobs for students

If you’re an undergraduate or graduate student and you need money to pay for your education, you may be eligible for a federal work-study job. To be considered for a work-study job, you must:

  • File your FAFSA by April 15 each year
  • Indicate an interest in federal work-study on your FAFSA
  • Accept a federal work-study award via One.IU as an incoming freshman

Students with exceptional financial need will be considered for work-study eligibility. Sophomores, juniors, and seniors who have previously worked in work-study positions will be given first priority.

Summer work-study

If you had a federal work-study job during the academic year and are enrolled in at least 1 credit hour in the summer, you may be eligible for summer work-study. Have your employer contact us to request a summer federal work-study allocation for you.

Find other summer aid