Question? Ask Student Central:

Grants for Indiana Residents

Making college more affordable for residents

The Indiana Commission for Higher Education (CHE) is committed to making college more affordable for more Hoosiers. As part of that commitment, the CHE offers several grant programs for state residents. To be eligible for the grants listed below, make sure to complete your FAFSA by April 15 and correct any errors on your FAFSA by May 15 (unless otherwise specified).

Frank O’Bannon Grant

Named for a late governor of Indiana, Frank O’Bannon Grants are awarded to Indiana residents who show that they need money for their education. The grant can be used to pay for tuition and fees while you study toward your first bachelor’s degree or an associate’s degree at IU Bloomington.

Evan Bayh 21st Century Scholars Program

A 21st Century Scholarship Award can help pay for your first undergraduate degree at IU Bloomington. If you qualify, you can use this funding to pay for tuition and mandatory fees (activity, student health, technology, transportation, and repair and rehab fees).

If you meet income criteria, you can enroll in the program during seventh or eighth grade. The program will help you prepare and pay for college.

Learn about being a 21st Century Scholar at IU Bloomington

Child of Deceased or Disabled Veteran Grant and Children or Spouse of Public Safety Officers Supplemental Grant

If you’re the child of a deceased or disabled Indiana veteran or the spouse or child of a public safety officer killed or permanently disabled in the line of duty, you may qualify for one of these grants. Be sure to submit your completed, corrected FAFSA at least five to seven business days before you apply for either of these grants.