Unauthorized Withdrawal

Failure to complete a class without an authorized withdrawal will result in a grade of F.

If you are not in attendance during the last portion of a semester, the instructor may report a grade of I if there is reason to believe that the absence was beyond your control; otherwise, the instructor is entitled to record a grade of FN (Failure, nonattendance) and the last date of documented class attendance. An FN will then be converted to an F on your academic record.

Learn how to officially withdraw from the university »