Third Party Access
As an IU Bloomington student, you have the ability to authorize another person, such as a parent or guardian, to view specific types of personal information in the Student Information System (SIS) through OneStart.
If you’ve been granted third-party access, you’ll have the ability to view personal information such as financial aid award and summary information, descriptions of holds on records, grades, unofficial transcripts, and class and final exam schedules.
Learn how to assign third-party access on OneStart.
- Login to OneStart.
- Navigate to the Services tab.
- Select the Student Self-Service link in the sidebar.
- Under Services & Information, select Assign Access to 3rd Parties.
- Create a unique username and password for each authorized viewer.
Have you been given a third-party account?
This is what you’ll need to do next.
- Go to to OneStart.
- Click the Public Services link in the sidebar.
- Select View Student Information.
- Enter the student’s 10-digit Student ID number.
- Enter your username and password.
This is important: you may revoke authorization at any time by removing permission from a third-party viewer through OneStart.