Transfer Schools

If you’re transferring to IU Bloomington from another school, or transferring to another school from IU Bloomington (even if it’s to another IU campus), your financial aid eligibility will need to be recalculated. You’ll send your FAFSA data to the new school so they can determine your eligibility.

This is important: Financial aid packages will vary greatly from school to school since expected Cost of Attendance varies from school to school. It is unlikely that you will receive the exact same amount of aid at one school as you did at another.

To request that your FAFSA data be sent to your new school, log in to the Federal Student Aid website or call 1-800-433-3243. You’ll need to update your FAFSA with your new school code.

Additional Steps
  1. Indiana residents should make sure the Indiana Commission for Higher Education has their new IU campus listed as their first-choice school on any applications for state grants. If you’re transferring at the end of the fall semester, be sure to wait until late in the semester, and to change your choice for term 2 (spring) only. Change your choice online »
  2. If you are eligible for a CVO grant, you will need to complete a new application.
  3. If you receive any scholarships or grants from non-university sources, notify each donor of your transfer so he or she can send future disbursements to your new university.